Test Result Availability
- Expected turnaround times (TAT) listed in the test directory are provided as specimens are received into the laboratory for testing.
- Primary delivery of reports to the clients will be accomplished by RML couriers on their scheduled routes.
- Mailed hard-copy reports will be mailed to clients outside the Regional Medical Laboratory courier service area. Clients may also request that additional copies be mailed to other physicians.
- Patient requested hard-copy reports will not be sent to patients unless an authorized Release and Consent Form is signed and on file. Patients may either pick up results or receive results in the mail. Attorneys may receive copies of court-ordered reports when the patient has signed a Release and Consent Form.
- Most routine results are available the day after receipt of specimens by the laboratory. Those designated as STAT will be expedited. Those that require longer assay time are reported as soon as results are available.
Test results may be delivered by:
- Facsimile (Fax) as requested and/or when indicated as STAT on the requisition form
- Page, telephone, or fax physician as notified on the test request form
- Telephone when “alert” values are obtained
- RML courier
- Telecommunications from our central computer
- First-class mail