RML COVID Collection and Testing
Pick an appointment time convenient for you.
Drive-thru services - no need to get out of your vehicle.
Results available routinely within 48 hours of collection.
Regional Medical Laboratory, Inc (RML) now offers two options for COVID-19 PCR collection and testing in our drive-thru collection site conveniently located in midtown Tulsa.
Direct Care Option:
- No physician order required
- Affordable testing paid at time of service
- No insurance needed
- Results sent directly to patient
Physician Ordered Option:
- Physician provides all necessary diagnosis codes, test ordering, and result interpretation
- Charges filed to your insurance company
- Results provided back to physician
- Copy of results sent directly to patient if requested
How it Works:
- Schedule appointment at the link below.
- Present to the RML Collection location at 9330 E 41st Street, Tulsa, OK 74145 at the scheduled time.
- RML Staff will verify insurance information for physician ordered testing or take payments for direct-care patients.
- A Medical Release will be completed for any results to be sent directly to the patient
- You will remain in your vehicle for the collection.
- Results will be sent to the ordering provider or direct-care patient when testing is completed
FDA patient fact sheet from CDC and other CDC guidelines: Click Here
FDA EUA Patient and Health Care Providers Fact Sheets:
|Instructions for RML COVID Collection and Testing|
Who can get tested?
Anyone may be tested, but individuals below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
What type of collection?
RML will collect a Nasopharyngeal (NP) specimen for Covid-19 testing. While seated, the patient will tilt their head back 70 degrees while the lab staff gently inserts a dry flocked swab into the nostril along the septum floor of the nose extending straight back until the posterior nasopharynx is reached (distance from the nostrils to external opening of ear). The swab will be rotated several times while the swab is inserted to ensure optimal collection.
What is the cost of collection and testing?
The cost due at the time of collection will be $100.00 and will include both the collection and testing charges.
What is the process upon arrival?
1. Navigate to 9330 E 41st Street, Tulsa, OK 74145-3700
2. Enter from the West entrance.
3. The star on the map indicates the designated parking spots for the collection site.
4. Pick a spot and call the number on the sign.
5. An associate will take your name and date of birth.
6. The associate will tell you to drive to the collection site. Follow the arrows through the parking lot to the awning.
7. Stop under the awning and remain in your vehicle.
8. An associate will meet you to collect your specimen.
** Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
You can download these instructions in the link just above next to the Google Maps Guide to RML, it will provide both a map and instructions of the process.
How do I change or cancel my appointment?
Within the email you receive confirming your appointment will be links to cancel or reschedule your appointment as needed.
What does my result mean?
Please consult your primary care physician regarding interpretation of your result if needed and next steps concerning your result. RML highly recommends following up with your primary care physician or healthcare provider with all testing results.
Do you provide documentation for work/school release?
RML does not provide work or school release notes. Documentation of your result will be sent to you that can be used as official documentation to share with your physician or others as determined by the patient.